HIGH FIRE DANGER NO CAMPFIRES OUTSIDE OF APPROVED CAMPGROUNDS
Make Sure your vehicles are in good working order, are licensed, insured and safe. Federal law requires you to carry a shovel and fire extinguisher if traveling across public land. Be "aggressively courteous" with all we share the road with, avoid these roads on Saturday as there's a bike race
It's the world's largest trail cleanup but it's essential and it's critical to keep each other safe, healthy and protect the wilderness. With recent increased dumping, we have formed a Federal nonprofit to provide infrastructure and tools to assist: sonsofsmokey.com. Gambler still encourages people to explore and pick up trash, you will see plenty of fellow gamblers and their creations along the way and disperse camp, details below. Please share pics of your adventures using #gambler500 #oreillypowered #sonsofsmokey
USFS provided trash locations HERE, warning these mostly surround La Pine and some may be abandoned camps please stay away from any biohazards. We will be collecting trash behind the Gilchrist Market 138303 North Highway 97 N, Gilchrist, OR
CAMPING: for sake of fire danger we advocate for camping in sparsely treed areas like Christmas Valley Sand Dunes or around Cabin Creek Rd on East Side of the map... USFS and BLM have instituted fire restrictions to to drought year and heat. Meaning no campfires.
With low water levels the area officials have asked that we make sure and stay above high water marks at lakes and out of mud especially at Crescent and Wickiup Reservoir.
Been a challenging year and a half for all and somewhat defining for Gambler. Translating state and social responsibility while entrusting fellow human beings with making the right decisions. While most are vaccinated we still encourage social distancing cuz we aint about close talkers.
Worthy Brewing has made us a special beer this year with partial proceeds going to the Sons of Smokey which funds our trash disposal, you can buy six packs exclusively at Gilchrist Market and on tap at Bigfoot Tavern.
Here is a list of lodging across Klamath County, there are also many RV Parks and developed campsites across N Klamath County we will be linking soon. Any overnight camping/lodging will be dispersed, here are the guidelines to camping on public land (it's easier than you think).
Containers to collect trash collected from public lands will be located Gilchrist Market: 138303 North Highway 97 N, Gilchrist, OR from 10am-6pm June 25-27. Last year we collected over 280 cubic yards, lets beat it.
For those that register HERE we will be handing out packets (scan your ticket/screen... over $40 retail value bandanna, JB Weld Steel Stik, the 2021 Sticker, key tag, stickers and lots more) at the Gilchrist Market.
Gambling in Oregon and across the World with UNPVD.com for those that cannot make it to Oregon we will have a participant leaderboard with combined Gambler UnPaved scores running all weekend. We are set for release on iOS devices (Android to follow in 2022 LOL) week of June for free trial subscription, more details and slides to come. It allows users to create profiles, upload vehicle pics, create and share "tracks" and compete with UnPaved scores. Use Coupon "Rally2020"
1. This is not a race (HooptieX is tho... Fri-Sat)
2. There is no $500 rule, cheaper cars win Scepter so no way to cheat with $$$
3. We are the world's largest and competitive trail cleanup, bring trash bags.
4. You are responsible for your actions, same legal standards apply as any other day.
5. Don't be a dick.
CB and Walkie Talkie: Channel 4 general coms
CB and Walkie Talkie: Channel 15 emergency
Tracks: UnPvd.com app has waypoint sets/tracks integrated into app but here are waypoint sets generated by others and shared for free as always illustrated below.
HOW.... these are your OPTIONS
Rolling starts means come through at anytime during business hours to avoid congestion, waypoints are not manned simply creative UnPaved ways to get to your destination.
Lebanon to Gilchrist: Waypoints posted outside Conversion Brewing Friday & Saturday
Klamath Falls to Gilchrist: discoverklamath.com/gambler/
Or just come straight to Christmas Valley and do the
"Devils Starfish Loop", created by EmWest Motorsports
(remember the only gas is in Christmas Valley, none in Fort Rock)
1. 43.3509655, -120.3872837
2. 43.009324, -121.031739
3. 42.930695, -121.363901 4. 43.46376, -121.694157 5. 43.665486, -121.506054 6. 43.72458, -120.995800 7. 43.582769, -121.078275 8. 43.373542, -121.054845 9. 43.356799, -120.672288 10. 43.33358, -120.672288
For apparel or merchandise prior to event visit gambler500.com/shop/ (2020 ovals only in packets).
Please visit walkerrange.org for fire prevention tips but you are required by law to carry a fire extinguisher on public land.
As always we are stewards of the envirnoment and the communities we pass through. We have huge dumpsters in Crescent as we host the largest trail cleanup in the world during the event, please snap a pic of the debris you collect along your journey and post pics to Instagram tagging @thegambler500 and @sonsofsmokey along with hashtag #sonsofsmokey and we will be selecting winners for most debris, biggest debris, shooting pit cleanup and more. Please include a fire extinguisher, first aid, food, water, tools plus all essentials for overland travel.
1. The Scepter: This award has been handed down year after year to the team that most embodies the Gambler spirit. The cheapest car, the coolest people, helpful on trail etc.
2. Stewardship: Every gambler picks up litter and trail trash along the way, if we’re going to have fun we’re gonna help. Snap a pic and tag us on Instagram @thegambler500 @sonsofsmokey #sonsofsmokey and we’ll be selecting 5 teams to receive awards from Yakima Racks.
3. UnPvd.com will be keeping a leaderboard with Gambler UnPaved score which is an algorithm of how many waypoints you hit, amount and severity of UnPaved surfaces traveled.
5. The Gambler Car Show by TRAXXAS RC is back again for 2020 we will be selecting a winner for each category Craziest Build, Most RC Car like and Best Overland/SIRCH&RASCUE rig will all receive a TRAXXAS RC car. Judged throughout weekend from Gilchrist Store and HooptieX.